Slater & Zurz Scholarship Programs
See Previous Winners Click Here
$5000 Scholarship Rules and Guidelines
Slater & Zurz LLP is pleased to offer a scholarship once again to a high school senior or college undergraduate student. The 2021 scholarship will be in the amount of $5,000 and will be awarded to the winning applicant in May 2021.
We are delighted to see students who have been awarded our scholarship use it to pursue their formal education. Here is a recent letter from a prior scholarship recipient:
Amount of 2021 Scholarship:
- Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) – One-time amount, not renewable.
- Students must be a high school senior or college undergraduate students.
- Students must be graduating from an Ohio High School or attending an Ohio college or university.
- Students graduating from high school must be planning to attend a College or University in Ohio.
- Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants are required to create a YouTube video of between 2 and 4 minutes in duration and submit a written essay of no less than 1000 words and no more than 2000 words.
- The topic for the 2021 Slater & Zurz Scholarship application is:
What Changes Should Be Made to Law Enforcement in the U.S.?
- Applicants are encouraged to be creative, logical, and persuasive in their video and written essays.
- Videos must not contain content that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, or hateful. Furthermore, videos must not contain any content that may be considered racist nor harm or discriminate against any group or individual based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Video submissions will be required to be uploaded to YouTube and contain a link to slaterzurz.com/scholarship in the video description section.
- Applicants must complete the online registration form at slaterzurz.com/scholarship
- A complete application will consist of an uploaded YouTube video link and a submittal of an accompanying written essay.
How to Enter:
- All applicants must upload their video to YouTube.
- Create or use an existing Youtube account and upload a video to your YouTube page.
- Tag your video with the following keywords: 2021 Slater Zurz College Scholarship.
- Include the following link in your description: slaterzurz.com/scholarship.
- All applicants must fill out the registration form found by visiting slaterzurz.com/scholarship and attach a written essay file (in PDF format) to the registration.
- Videos entered shall be judged according to relevant content, clarity in presentation, and creativity. The decisions of Slater & Zurz, LLP, and the judges are final and binding and not subject to appeal.
- The winning application will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship paid directly to the college or university for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
- This scholarship is a one-time scholarship and is non-renewable.
- The applicant grants to Slater & Zurz, LLP, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, display, reproduce, edit, publish, translate, and distribute the submitted video (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright and renewal that may exist in such material, with the objective to promote the goals of the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship.
- The applicant grants Slater & Zurz the right to use the submitted video to create a trailer or to splice together with other submitted videos to promote the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship goals. The applicant agrees that Slater & Zurz is not required to place acknowledgment (as stated below) on a trailer or spliced work as described in this paragraph.
- The applicant grants to Slater & Zurz, LLP, the right to use the applicants’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds, and/or biographical information and videos in connection with the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship and for all advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship or promoting Slater & Zurz. The applicant will be clearly acknowledged for any use of his/her material, and his/her name will accompany any dissemination of the material he/she owns by Slater & Zurz. Beyond permission granted herein and acknowledgment, Slater & Zurz, LLP shall not be obliged to compensate the applicant for using the submitted material unless prohibited by law.
- All applicant(s) by registering with the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship agree(s) that Slater & Zurz, LLP, its agents, representatives, employees, and contractors, are released and discharged from and against all and any costs, claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses of any sort arising out of, or generally relating to: submission of the material for the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship and participation in it, the use of the material by Slater & Zurz, LLP, the decisions made or actions taken by Slater & Zurz in connection to the conduct and administration of the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship and the acceptance and use on their part of any prize.
- Slater & Zurz, LLP, and its subsidiaries, its agents, representatives, employees, and contractors are not responsible for technical failures of any kind; any problems or delays arising from any technical, software, equipment malfunctions, computer viruses, or congestion; unavailability of the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship website; any other technical, equipment, or human errors of any kind with regards to the administration of the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship; or any damage or alteration to the entrants’ video that may occur in connection with the uploading or display of the video. Also, Slater & Zurz, LLP, is not liable for any failure to screen the entered video on the Internet or at any venue.
- The applicant(s) specifically acknowledge(s) that Slater & Zurz, LLP, is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other applicants (s) or comments made on YouTube or anywhere the video is posted and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the applicant(s); also the applicant(s) waive(s) any right to seek injunctive action or other equitable relief relating to any claim against Slater & Zurz, and its agents, representatives, employees, and contractors.
- The laws of Ohio shall govern the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship and these Rules and Guidelines, and Ohio shall be the proper venue for any claim, suit, or dispute arising from the Slater and Zurz College Scholarship and participation therein, and these Rules and Guidelines.