Dayton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer: Protecting Your Loved Ones
At Slater & Zurz, we recognize that it is a difficult choice to make when putting a family member into a nursing facility. You trust the nursing home staff to provide the care and attention your family member needs. Unfortunately, sometimes nursing homes and their staff fail to uphold their duty of care, leading to abuse and neglect. When that happens, our team of experienced Dayton nursing home abuse lawyers is here to help you and your family seek justice.
As a leading injury law firm in Ohio, we have served the Dayton community for over 31 years, helping clients navigate the complexities of personal injury law. Our compassionate and dedicated legal team will fight for your loved one’s rights and work tirelessly to hold the negligent parties accountable.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Our Dayton nursing home abuse lawyers have encountered many forms of abuse and neglect in nursing homes. Common examples of these include:
- Physical Abuse: This can involve hitting, slapping, pushing, or any other form of physical harm to a resident.
- Emotional Abuse: Verbal or non-verbal actions that cause emotional distress, such as humiliation, intimidation, or isolation.
- Sexual Abuse: Any unwanted sexual contact or activity with a resident.
- Neglect: Failure to provide essential care and services, such as food, water, medication, or proper hygiene.
- Financial Exploitation: Unauthorized use or misappropriation of a resident’s financial resources.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
If your loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse, look for these common signs:
- Unexplained injuries or bruises
- Frequent falls or accidents
- Fear or anxiety around specific caregivers
- Sudden changes in behavior or mood
- Unusual weight loss or malnutrition
- Poor hygiene or unsanitary living conditions
- Unexplained financial transactions or missing personal belongings
It is crucial to act if you observe any of these indications or other uncommon situations. Contact a Dayton nursing home abuse lawyer at Slater & Zurz to discuss your concerns and learn how we can help.
How a Dayton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Can Help
At Slater & Zurz, our skilled legal team is dedicated to providing you with comprehensive support throughout the entire process and guiding you every step of the way to protect the rights of your loved one. We will:
- Investigate the abuse allegations: Our team will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding the abuse or neglect, gathering evidence to support your claim.
- Identify liable parties: We will identify all potential defendants, including the nursing home, its staff, and other responsible parties.
- Calculate damages: We will assess the full extent of the damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and any other losses resulting from the abuse or neglect.
- Negotiate a settlement: Our skilled negotiators will work diligently to secure the maximum compensation for your loved one’s suffering.
- Take the case to trial if necessary: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our experienced trial attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court to fight for the justice your loved one deserves.
Contact a Dayton Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer at Slater & Zurz Today
If your loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, don’t wait to take action. The experienced and compassionate legal team at Slater & Zurz is here to help you seek justice for your loved one and hold the responsible parties accountable. With over 31 years of experience serving the Dayton community, we have the knowledge and resources to handle even the most complex nursing home abuse cases.
For additional Frequently asked questions about nursing home abuse & neglect.