Q1. How do I know who is the right person to represent me?

A. An attorney who has handled a large number of personal injury cases is always a good person to select. That attorney or firm has had the experience to understand all the nuisances of this very specialized area of law. Visit the website and see what clients have said about them.

The most important thing is to meet with the attorney and form your own opinion.

Q2. How long does this take?

A. Most cases get resolved within 90 days after the client completes treatment. Some cases require a lawsuit to make the insurance companies be more responsive to our clients.

Those cases take anywhere from one month to twelve months after a lawsuit is filed. Some extraordinary cases go beyond that time frame.

Q3. How much will this cost me?

A. Nothing. We will represent you on a contingency basis. This means when you get paid, we get paid. If you do not receive any money, you do not owe us anything. All costs and attorney time are on us.

Q4. I do not like suing people. Will I have to do that?

A. People we bring a claim against are represented by insurance companies like Allstate, State Farm, Liberty Mutual or some other giant company. Technically it is us against the person who caused the accident but in reality it us against big insurance companies. These insurance companies know all the tricks.

They will try to make you settle your claim way to soon. They harass you so you just give in. Let us explain your rights.

Q5. If I use my uninsured motorist insurance will my rates go up?

A. No. It is insurance you purchased to protect yourself in case you were injured by someone who did not have insurance or did not have enough to compensate you. Most insurance rates are based on risk. This is not normally a factor that goes into evaluating the risk of insuring you.

Q6. If I was not permanently injured do I have a case?

A. Yes. Every injury has a value. It affected you and you are entitled to be paid. You had medical bills, possibly lost wages, a change in what you were able to do – all this is to be compensated. This is our system of justice. When someone injures another that injury is to be compensated in dollars and cents.

Call us to discuss the details of your injuries and we will tell you how you should be compensated based on our extensive experience with car accident cases.

Q7. What is a fair amount of money?

A. There is no amount that could adequately compensate you for your injuries. If you had a choice to accept a large amount of money or not be injured, you would choose not to be injured. However, you cannot redo what has been done. The proper amount of money is what a jury of 8 people who heard all the evidence say your case is worth. Six out of the 8 have to agree. It is our job to assemble information, both medical and information how the injury affected you, to persuade the jury to pay you fairly. Each case is unique because everyone is unique. An injury will affect your daily life. We need to gather professional information about how your injuries impacted your life to identify what this means in terms of dollars and cents. For example if you cannot work at your job, we hire a vocational specialist to determine what that means in dollars and cents and hire an economist to reduce that to present value. It sounds complicated. That is why you need us to help you.

Q8. What is Mediation?

A. This is procedure where a trained person who is independent privately discusses a resolution between the parties. We use mediation to let the insurance company know how committed we are to your case and we are not going to fold and give into them. This usually brings good results for our clients.

Q9. Will I get anything? Will my bills and attorney fees take everything?

A. No.

We never let that happen. Our fees will never exceed what you get.

Q10. Will I have to go to Court?

A. No, in 99% of the cases. About 90% are resolved without filing a lawsuit. The other 10% we need to file a lawsuit to make sure the insurance company knows we are serious. Most of the cases filed are resolved by means of mediation and negotiations.


If you have any questions, please contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation. Call us at 1-888-534-4850 on any day of the week including weekends and evenings or send us a website message.