Akron Construction Accident Lawyer
At Slater & Zurz, we understand the risks of working in the construction industry. Although it provides a comfortable living for you and your family, you likely go to work each day knowing there is a chance you may be severely injured. However, you trust your employer, co-workers, and others to create a safe work environment.
Although construction accidents are sometimes caused by a simple mistake, all too often, they are caused by the negligent or reckless actions of others. If you sustained serious injuries resulting from a job site accident, you need aggressive legal representation to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Workers’ compensation covers your medical bills and lost wages. But if a third party caused your injuries, you may be able to recover the full extent of your losses in a third-party personal injury lawsuit. Our team of experienced Akron construction accident attorneys will fight to recover maximum damages and make sure the responsible party is held accountable for their actions. To see what options are available to you, contact the Ohio law firm of Slater & Zurz today.
Construction Accident Cases We Handle
For over 40 years, our Akron personal injury attorneys have handled a wide variety of construction site accident cases. We have successfully represented our clients in cases involving a full range of job site accidents, including:
- Falls from heights
- Demolition accidents
- Slip and falls
- Fires and explosions
- Crane and forklift accidents
- Falling objects
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Trench collapses
- Building collapses
- Caught-in accidents
- Caught-between accidents
- Equipment-related accidents
Common Jobsite Accident Injuries
Construction sites are among the most dangerous places for workers. The potential for serious injury lurks behind every corner. Depending on the nature and severity of the injury, a construction site injury can cause permanent disability and even death. Common construction site injuries include:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Burns caused by fire, explosions, or chemicals
- Eye injuries, including blindness
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Neurological damage
- Partial or full paralysis
- Temporary or permanent hearing loss
- Injuries or illnesses caused by toxic chemical exposure
Recovering Damages After a Serious Construction Accident
Most of those who work in the construction industry know they can file a workers’ compensation claim after a work-related injury. However, if your injuries were caused by a third party, such as a subcontractor or equipment manufacturer, you have the right to seek compensation by initiating a third-party personal injury claim. Although workers’ compensation benefits only cover the majority of your medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages, a third-party construction accident injury claim can provide you with additional compensation for your losses, including:
- Uncovered medical expenses and lost wages
- Long-term care
- Assistive care
- Modifications to your home and vehicle
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages
To learn more about the damages that may be available to you, we recommend scheduling a free, no-obligation case review with one of our skilled Akron construction accident attorneys.
What to Do After an Ohio Construction Accident
After being injured in a construction work accident, it is essential to take the proper steps to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights. Since your injury occurred while you were at work, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, to obtain full compensation for your losses, it is best to follow these steps:
- Seek medical care – First and foremost, go to the emergency room or urgent care so a qualified medical professional can thoroughly assess and treat your injuries. Even if the injury seems minor, a doctor should still perform a thorough examination, as many injuries may not be immediately apparent or may worsen over time. It is also important to follow your doctor’s treatment plan, such as attending all appointments with your doctor, physical therapist, and other medical professionals.
- Document what happened – Make sure to record everything you remember about the accident. Document everything that occurred before, during, and after the accident. Include even the smallest details, as these are often vital pieces of information that help strengthen the viability of your claim.
- Talk to possible witnesses – If possible, gather the contact information of all individuals that witnessed the accident and record a brief summary of what they saw.
- Report the injury – It is essential to report the accident as soon as possible. Inform your supervisor of your accident in writing and document the name and position of the person you notified as well as the date the report was submitted.
- Obtain medical reports, imaging, and other documentation of your injuries – Keep all records of medical diagnoses, treatment, prescriptions, and expenses. It is also best to take pictures of your initial injuries and continue to take photographs throughout the entire recovery process.
- Contact an Akron construction accident lawyer – To ensure you have a strong workers’ compensation or personal injury claim, speak to a knowledgeable job site accident attorney. They will assess the details of your accident and determine the best course of action in obtaining much-needed compensation for the full extent of your losses.
Akron Construction Accident Lawyers
As a leading Ohio law firm, we have the knowledge, legal skills, and resources necessary to fight for you. We have a reputation for being relentless advocates for injured victims because we do everything within our power to protect their rights and get them the recovery they deserve. If we can’t resolve the matter through pre-trial negotiations, we are more than willing to take your case to trial.
When so much is on the line, contact the dedicated and experienced Akron construction accident attorneys at Slater & Zurz. We are here for you when you and your family need us the most. You can reach us 24 hours a day, seven days a week online, or by calling our Akron law office at (330)762-0700. Please don’t hesitate. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin fighting on your behalf.