At Slater & Zurz, our legal team has dedicated our careers to holding individuals and businesses accountable for their actions. Our Cleveland personal injury lawyers understand how frustrating it is to be left with the injuries and financial burden caused by another party’s negligence. That is why we are unwavering in our commitment to protect your rights and best interests and recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Our Firm Stands For
Our trusted legal team at Slater & Zurz strives to provide nothing less than the highest level of service to those seriously injured in a Cleveland personal injury accident. With over a century of combined personal injury experience, we offer our clients the abundant legal knowledge and vast resources needed to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible. We treat all of our clients and their loved ones like family and provide them with the support and compassion they deserve. Every day, our firm puts in the effort and hard work needed to fight effectively for our clients. We are always grateful to be recognized as one of Ohio’s most respected personal injury firms but are more than humbled by the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our clients, the people who matter most.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our personal injury lawyers in Cleveland strive to provide superior legal representation to victims of serious injury accidents. For over 40 years, we have helped the people of Ohio recover much-needed compensation for cases involving:
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
Injury victims are often burdened by substantial expenses, all while trying to recover from their injuries. Our firm strongly believes that the last thing you should have to worry about is how to pay for your legal fees. That is why Slater & Zurz takes all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not charge fees for our time or legal services if we do not recover compensation on your behalf.
We Stand Up to Insurance Companies
After an accident, you will quickly be contacted by an insurance claim adjuster and asked to discuss the incident and your injuries. The adjuster’s job is to investigate the circumstances of the incident and determine how much your claim is worth. But it is important to understand the adjuster works for the insurance company, not you. It is generally their focus to pay out as little as possible to benefit the insurance company as well as the insured party.
We cannot emphasize enough that it is crucial to have your attorney handle all communications with the insurance company. Our Cleveland personal injury attorneys will provide the adjuster with the necessary information while making sure nothing is said or done that could potentially weaken your claim. Our lawyers are also seasoned negotiators who will skillfully work to obtain a favorable settlement with the insurance company. If an acceptable amount cannot be agreed upon, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit on your behalf and effectively try your case in court.
Learn About the Compensation You May Be Entitled To
In a personal injury case, you are entitled to compensation, or “damages,” from the party responsible for your injuries. The amount of compensation depends on the circumstances surrounding the incident and the nature and severity of your injuries. The types of damages that might be available to you include:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for future care, such as physical therapy and in-home care
- Property loss or damage
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
Steps to Take After an Injury
After an injury, you may be in shock, confused, and in pain. But the actions you take directly after an accident can greatly affect a future Cleveland personal injury claim. It is important to stay calm and follow these steps to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Seek Medical Attention – The first step to take following an accident is to seek medical attention, even if you may feel you are fine. Many injuries do not appear until much later, especially if you are in shock. An emergency room or urgent care physician will be able to perform a thorough medical examination to identify the full extent of your injuries and begin treatment.
- Report Your Injury – Contact the police and obtain an official report of the incident. Regardless of the nature of the injury, make sure it is documented by the appropriate authority.
- Gather evidence – If you are physically able, take pictures and video of the accident scene. If possible, do this immediately after the accident and before the scene has been changed in any way. Speak with any eyewitnesses and obtain their name and phone number, so your Cleveland personal injury attorney can speak with them to get their full account of the incident.
- Keep Records – The best way to receive fair compensation is to build a strong foundation for your case. Keep all documents related to the incident, including the police report, medical bills, repair invoices, records of lost wages, and photographs and video of both your injuries and the accident scene.
- Avoid Speaking About Your Case – Avoid speaking with friends, family, and co-workers about the incident, and do not share anything related to your injuries on social media or other websites. The other party’s insurance company and the attorney will pursue building a case against your claim and research any public information you give to find evidence contradicting your claim.
- Obtain Legal Representation from a Leading Personal Injury Lawyer in Cleveland – Before you speak with the other party’s insurance company, you should consult with a skilled personal injury lawyer to ensure your rights and best interests are protected.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Come to You
At times, injuries resulting from an accident make it challenging – even impossible – to reach our offices to discuss your personal injury case. Though in order to receive the compensation you deserve, it is important we begin fighting for you early on in the process. To make it more convenient for you and your family and ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation, we offer home and hospital visits, phone, and video consultations, and night and weekend appointments.
Our Cleveland Personal Injury Lawyers are Here to Help
If you or someone you love has been injured in the Cleveland area, you need a personal injury law firm with the skills, resources, and dedication to help you fully recover and hold those responsible for their actions.
At Slater & Zurz, our practice has been committed to helping people hurt in accidents throughout Ohio for over four decades. We know all too well the devastating, lingering impact an accident can have on a person’s life. That is why we have dedicated our careers to fighting for justice and fair compensation for our clients. Members of our trusted legal team are available day or night at (888) 534-4850. Take the first step toward obtaining the compensation you deserve.